Any individual desiring to recover from any form of addiction without prejudice
to their religion, faith, sex, gender, and type of addiction can become a member
of a Keys To Recovery© chapter. They must abide by the procedures and protocols
developed for KTR and are committed to the mission and goals established for all
KTR members and any specific conditions established by each individual chapter.
Members have no vested rights other than their membership and participation in the
meetings. However, members will have the right to the following:
- 1.Participate in meetings.
- To volunteer and become the chairperson, secretary or treasurer of a chapter.
- In case of more than one volunteer, members have the right to vote for the chairperson,
secretary and treasurer. Such a vote will be done by simple majority and without
a quorum requirement.
- Members may expel or revoke the rights of members upon an 75% majority vote and
a quorum of at least 4 members.
MEMBER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Members are required to:
- Be committed to their recovery whether following Harm Reduction or the total abstinence
- Be supportive of other members’ recovery.
- Endorse and follow the Keys To Recovery© mission statement, goals and objectives.
Members must adhere to the Keys To Recovery© Policies, Procedures and Protocols.
Special emphasis should be given to:
a) No breach of confidentiality.
b) Act in a way that is not destructive, harmful or pose a risk/threat to other
Members acknowledge that compromise of the above mentioned points a and b could
establish grounds for their expulsion from a meeting or even revocation of member’s
rights and membership.
- Handle themselves as well as treat others with dignity, respect, and humility.
- Maintain the meeting venue in good order. Members are responsible for clean-up and
restoring the space to its original condition at the end of each meeting.
Members can voluntarily:
- Participate in outreach and service, which are key components to recovery. Members
who have considerable recovery are encouraged to share the hope and strength they
experienced via their adherence to KTR’s fifteen (15) keys to recovery by voluntarily
signing up to help others.
- The members can volunteer their name and contact information to be included in a
“Member Only Outreach List”, which may include only: first name; first initial of
middle & last name; phone number; e-mail and preferred time for communication. The
list will be distributed upon the discretion of KTR members. Through the list, members
will be able to contact each other in times of emotional need.
GROUNDS FOR REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Any breach of the Code of Ethics will be grounds for removed either temporarily
- Any member who is destructive or disruptive to the process and goals of KTR will
- A person who, by actions or words, compromises the confidentiality and therapeutic
integrity of the KTR chapter will be removed.
Keys To Recovery© does not have any mandated fees for membership, nor are there
fees required to attend meetings.
CONTRIBUTIONS & DONATIONS
- KTR and its chapters will be willing to accept donations and contributions from
families, members, non-profit organizations or other entities as long as the contributing
party does not request any form of consideration as a result of their contribution/donation
and there are no conflicts of interests.
Aegis Treatment Centers, LLC. and its Aegis Institute, Inc. may support the KTR
program through the following:
a) Meeting space.
b) Scheduling and distribution of information about meetings.
c) Administrative work as required.
d) Limited beverage and light snacks provided during meetings, i.e. coffee, water,
e) Financial assistance to enhance member’s accessibility and transportation to
Keys To Recovery meetings, such aid may include: bus passes; lodging; phone cards,
HANDLING OF FUNDS
Funds which were contributed or donated to the chapter will be held in trust by
the treasurer in a confined and secure location, however if the amount of the funds
exceed $100, the last appointed chairperson, treasurer or secretary will open a
join bank account in the name of the KTR local chapter.
a) The KTR local chapter may use the phone number and address of the nearest AMS
Clinic to serve as the address of the chapter using the following format:
-Care of Keys To Recovery @ Aegis Treatment Centers, LLC., Name of Clinic, Clinic
b) The account will require signature authorization through joint signatures of
two members of the chapter (recommended: the chairperson and treasurer or secretary)
on each issued check.
c) The account will not allow issuance of credit/ATM cards to any of the members.
- It is recommended that each chapter and its treasurer will not accept donations
over $2000. Any donation over the amount of $50 will be announced and made public
to all members promptly upon the receipt of such funds.